Wednesday 7 August 2013

REUNION TIME - BUSY/EXCUSES

That is what's been happening. Too busy, Too many excuses. Yep, it has been a hectic few weeks. Lots of meetings, a few memorable hunting trips which stocked my freezer nicely with heaps of protein - biltong & droewors and chillibites to be exact. It has been fun, it has been relaxing, and it has seen me pick up weight and overindulging big time. This weekend it's my 10 year high school reunion. I am looking forward to seeing everyone again and having a few beers with old school mates. Thinking back I realised the me of ten years ago would be pretty pissed off with my current state of affairs.

Here's what I know would bother him:

  • You are a smoker - 10 years ago me hated smoking, he was way to fit and active to partake in such nonsense.
  • You are a Fat ass - I now weigh 25kg's more then 10 years ago me. 10 years ago me would kick my ass.
  • You are unfit - 10 years ago me did 5 Cape Argus Cycle Tours - and two of those in just over 3 hours. He played rugby, he swam provincially, he could easily do a 10km run, he played squash, tennis, did athletics, cricket, and any other sport. He was as fit as he could possible be.
Here's what might please him:

  • Hell yeah - You married a blond hottie - well done son.
  • You have a proper job.
  • You are earning good money.
  • You bought a house.
  • You have a fucking huuuuuge flat screen.
  • You seem very happy - fatness and all.
I grew up a lot in 10 years, both mentally and obviously physically!

I am proud of where I am today, but I wont to please 10 years ago me again, for him, for myself.

I was a very tough competitor, I was fit, I hated loosing, I had so much fun and energy.

I will get there again, one kilogram at a time.

L8r.
W

1 comment:

  1. Good post, that is a good way to look at thing. How would the former you feel about yourself today.

    Have fun at the reunion man, I never had the guts to get to mine.

    ReplyDelete